Using the Research System on Mac
Using the Research System on Mac computers requires Remote Desktop Connection and access to the University network (inside campus: any computer connected to network; outside campus: with VPN connection or at home as long as HUJI is your Internet service provider - see more on the Authority for Computation: http://ca.huji.ac.il/services/internet/connect/home.shtml).
Alternatively, you can use the Research System on your Mac with Parallel PC. In this case, please follow the instructions for PC users.
For general help for Mac computers, please contact Rama Friedlander, Tel.: 02-6584413, Email: email@example.com.
- Stage 1: download the software from this link.
- Stage 2: double-click the file rdc_212.dmg.
- Stage 3: start the RDC Installer.
- Stage 4: in the following window click Continue.
- Stage 5: in the following window click Continue.
- Stage 6: in the alert click Agree.
- Stage 7: in the following windows click Install.
- Stage 8: in the login window type your Mac username and password.
- Stage 9: in the final window click Close.
Please contact the Authority for R&D for username and password for the Remote Desktop Connection. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: 02-6586696.
- Stage 1: start the Remote Desktop Connection from Applications folder.
- Stage 2: in the following window copy&paste this server: ria.cc.huji.ac.il and click Connect.
- Stage 3: in this window type the username and password you received.
- Stage 4: you will then be connected to the remote PC computer. Click RDC > Preferences.
- Stage 5: in the following window choose Drives and click Home folder.
(This will enable you to upload required documents to the Research System from your Mac)
- Stage 6: click Printers and check the option Use a printer... .
- Stage 7: go back to the remote PC and double-click MopXpA.
- Stage 4: the login window will show up: type your ID number (first 8 digits) and your personal university code.