Using the Research System on Mac
Using the Research System on Mac computers requires Remote Desktop Connection and access to the University network (inside campus: any computer connected to network; outside campus: with VPN connection or at home as long as HUJI is your Internet service provider - see more on the Authority for Computation: http://ca.huji.ac.il/services/internet/connect/home.shtml).
Alternatively, you can use the Research System on your Mac with Parallel PC. In this case, please follow the instructions for PC users.
- Stage 1: download the software from this link.
- Stage 2: double-click the file rdc_212.dmg.
- Stage 3: start the RDC Installer.
- Stage 4: in the following window click Continue.
- Stage 5: in the following window click Continue.
- Stage 6: in the alert click Agree.
- Stage 7: in the following windows click Install.
- Stage 8: in the login window type your Mac username and password.
- Stage 9: in the final window click Close.
Please contact the Authority for R&D for username and password for the Remote Desktop Connection. Email: email@example.com, Tel.: 02-6586696.
- Stage 1: start the Remote Desktop Connection from Applications folder.
- Stage 2: in the following window copy&paste this server: ria.cc.huji.ac.il and click Connect.
- Stage 3: in this window type the username and password you received.
- Stage 4: you will then be connected to the remote PC computer. Click RDC > Preferences.
- Stage 5: in the following window choose Drives and click Home folder.
(This will enable you to upload required documents to the Research System from your Mac)
- Stage 6: click Printers and check the option Use a printer... .
- Stage 7: go back to the remote PC and double-click MopXpA.
- Stage 4: the login window will show up: type your ID number (first 8 digits) and your personal university code.