BARD 2017 Research Grants
BARD supports mission-oriented cooperative agricultural research projects of mutual interest to the United States and Israel. Proposals are expected to deal with an agricultural issue or problem and yield tangible results that could be implemented within a reasonable time after completion of the project. Projects cover all phases of agricultural research and development. The outcomes of BARD funded Research must be accessible to the public.
BARD will fund worthy proposals in all areas of agriculture; nevertheless, in an effort to better focus funding resources, BARD identified certain priorities areas where increased submission is encouraged. These areas are not exclusive of other areas.
- Increased Efficiency of Agricultural Production
- Protection of Plants and Animals Against Biotic Stress
- Agricultural Production Challenges in Increasing Marginal Conditions
- Food Quality, Safety and Security
- Water Quality & Quantity
- Functional Genomics and Proteomics that deal with important agricultural issues
- Sensors and Robotics
- Sustainable Bio-Energy Systems
Feasibility study applications must follow the same guidelines as standard proposals and adhere to the same submission dates. Funding for a one year feasibility study is approximately $100,000.